Our current tax systems are struggling to keep up with key megatrends such as climate change, new business models, ageing demographics, and mobile taxpayers.
In line with our project Sustainable tax systems and the responses we received to it, Accountancy Europe invites leaders in taxation to share their views on the changes necessary to make tax systems greener, supportive of societies’ climate ambitions and fit for the future.
Join us for this event in person or online. Participants attending in person will be able to gather for some food and networking after the event, at 12:00-13:00 CEST.
- Benjamin Angel, Director, DG TAXUD, European Commission
- Paul Tang (S&D/Netherlands), Chair of FISC Committee, Member of the European Parliament
- Femke Groothuis, President, The Ex-Tax Project
- Arthur Tenwolde, Executive Director, Ecopreneur.eu
- Janek Vahk, Climate, Energy, and Air Pollution Programme Coordinator, Zero Waste Europe
- Steffen Kallbekken, Research Director, CICERO Center for International Climate Research
- Walter Stahel, Author on the Circular Economy, Founder of the Product-Life Institute
- Kyle Pomerleau, Senior Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
- Maria Volanen, Head of Taxation Policy, Technology Industries of Finland
- Chiara Putataro, EU Inequality and Tax Policy Advisor, Oxfam
- Alethea Warrington, Campaign Leader, Possible
- Thomas Pogge, Professor of Philosophy and Political Science, Yale University
- Margit Schratzenstaller-Altzinger & Angela Köppl, Senior Economists, Austrian Institute of Economic Research
- Claudia Dias Soares, Independent consultant on sustainability transitions, ESG and climate change regulatory frameworks
- Francesco Orsi, Assistant Professor, Wageningen University & Research
Please note that some of our speakers will join online.
Programme coming soon.