The FEE SME/SMP Congress took place on 15 and 16 APRIL 2010 in VENICE in cooperation with the national Italian institute CNDCEC.
The event started on Thursday afternoon with plenary sessions. In the evening, participants had the opportunity to enjoy a Networking Dinner in the beautiful Gran Teatro LA FENICE. On Friday the Congress continued with a series of parallel sessions which focused on practical experience, lessons learnt and the use of tools. Both small and medium sized practitioners and small business owners shared their experiences.
The Sessions covered subjects such as EU and international developments, SMEs’ expectations from their accountants, auditing standards and guidance, cross-border activities, services beyond auditing…
Presentations and other documents related to the SME/SMP Congress Venice 2010 of 15 and 16 April are now available for download.
02. Speakers’ CVs
03. Opening Speech Hans van Damme
04. Session 1: How to grow together cross-border?
05. Session 2: How to help clients become more sustainable?
06. Session 3: How to benefit from the simplification potential of XBRL?
07. Session 4: How to apply ISAs in a SME audit?
08. Session 5: How to prepare for changes in SME accounting?
09. Session 6: Beyond auditing: How to better service SMEs?
10. Keynote Speech Bob Bunting
11. Closing Speech Philip Johnson
14:30 - 14:40
Stefano Marchese, Congress Chair, Massimo Miani, ODCEC President, Hans van Damme, FEE President
14:40 - 14:55
Claudio Siciliotti , CNDCEC President
14:55 - 15:15
The future of SME policy, Massimo Baldinato, member of Cabinet Commissioner Tajani, European Commission
15:15 - 16:30
16:30 - 17:00
17:00 - 17:20
Pierre Delsaux, European Commission, Director ”Free movement of capital, company law and corporate governance”
17:20 - 18:50
The panellists, led by FEE president Hans van Damme, will review the main regulatory developments and discuss the resulti ng professional challenges for the accountancy sector. Key topics will be explored in more detail in the parallel sessions on Day 2 of the Congress.
18:50 - 19:30
19:30 - 22:30
for participants and accompanying persons (Dress code: Business Attire - come as you are)