Watch the recording of the workshop:
About this event:
Join our online interactive workshop to debate the practical implications of the European Commission’s EU-wide requirement for sustainability assurance within the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD).
While EU policymakers are finalising the CSRD trilogue negotiations, we are launching our discussion paper Sustainability assurance under the CSRD, which provides insights from practice on key matters related to this new assurance requirement.
Together with EU and international stakeholders representing policy makers, standard-setters, business, investors and the accountancy profession, we will discuss how to prepare for this upcoming new requirement and eventually achieve high quality and consistent assurance across the EU.
Speakers (scroll down for programme):
- Willie Botha, Technical Director, International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB)
- Angélique Laskewitz, Executive Director, Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development (VBDO)
- Blanka Vezjak, Member of Audit Committees Working Group, ecoDa
- Ryan Spiteri, Director, Global Financial Reporting, Blackrock
- Jane Thostrup Jagd, Deputy Director, Net Zero Finance, We mean business coalition
- Massimiliano Turconi, Vice President, the European Confederation of Institutes of Internal Auditing (ECIIA)
- Wim Bartels, Chair Sustainability Policy Group, Accountancy Europe
- Julien Rivals, Vice Chair Sustainability Policy Group, Accountancy Europe & Partner Sustainability Services, Deloitte
- Host: Noémi Robert, Director, Accountancy Europe