Equipping the public sector for sustainability action: advancing transparency, comparability, and accountability with sustainability reporting will be held in Brussels, Belgium on 4 April from 16:00-19:00 CET.
This in-person event will be followed by a networking reception.
Progressing sustainable development goals, including those related to climate change, requires urgent public sector action. Yet, as of now, no internationally recognised public sector reporting framework exists to help governments to measure and manage their critical contributions and actions taken to address the global climate emergency. With its public sector standard setting expertise and support of the international community, the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB) is exploring how it might change that.
IPSASB, the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), and Accountancy Europe invite you to join a lively discussion around key ideas the IPSASB is exploring related to the development of sustainability standards and what resources are necessary to deliver the public sector guidance needed to report on the programs and actions taken by governments to address the climate emergency.
- Ian Carruthers, Chair, IPSASB
- Olivier Boutellis-Taft, CEO, Accountancy Europe
- Andrew Blazey, Deputy Head of Division and Lead, Green Budgeting, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Maria-Rosa Aldea Busquets, Deputy Director General, DG Budget, European Commission
- Ross Smith, Program and Technical Director, IPSASB
- Alex Metcalfe, Global Head of Public Sector, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Eelco van der Enden, CEO, GRI
- Lebogang Senne, Technical Director, Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA)
- Vivi Niemenmaa, Secretary General, INTOSAI Working Group on Environmental Auditing (WGEA)/National Audit Office of Finland